Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: My 02 Busa with Mr. Turbo stage 1 kit, starting issue, starving for fuel  (Read 3421 times)

Offline 02turbobusa

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
Hey guys so I have an 02 busa with a Mr. Turbo kit on it, and I just got it out of a terrrrible shop near me called Forced Acceleration, almost got into a fist fight with the whole shop, they are terrible do not ever go there, and about 2500 bucks later I still have the same issue that I had when i put it in there, aside from tuning it and doing a new battery and tire etc. I dont know what they did to my bike but it feels like its worse now than it was before. So to address the issue at hand, the bike will not start without cycling the key 4-6 times, as The mechanics told me that I need to get a fuel pump mod from Mr. Turbo, but i was told by the original owner that this was already done. I am in the philadelphia area and looking for a good mechanic that is within an hour or less from me. The bike will start after I cycle the key that many times, and you can hear the fuel pump turn on and off, but even if it is hot and running for a while, as soon as you turn the bike off you have to repeat that process in order to get it started again. I am not a motorcycle mechanic and dont claim to know everything about bikes, thats why im asking for help and for a good mechanic. Any advice would be great. Thanks for your help

Offline 02turbobusa

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
also there are times when Im riding the bike that it starts to sputter and hesitate when the throttle is twisted, again it feels like its starving itself for fuel or something of the sort. Thanks

Offline moparict

• Post Whore
Thinking off the top of my head here.  Tried changing the fuel pump?  Checked the fuel pressure?

Offline 02turbobusa

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
Fuel pump was sent out to the turbo company to be modified etc, have not checked fuel pressure though. I will be sure to do that. Thanks. Any mechanics in the area? Im in philly thanks.