Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Help with C41 error please  (Read 5172 times)

Offline xanadude

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
Help with C41 error please
« on: May 20, 2012, 03:26:32 PM »
HI All

1999 Version External Pump

Just found this forum and am hoping I can get some advice from those that know with this problem.
Was out on the bike last weekend when it just died on me.... no warning just cut out whislt riding.  After about 5 minutes all started and ok.
After another 5 Miles it did it again FI light flashing.................. this time 20 mins trying to restart and battery died...................
after standing for about another 20 minutes it fired up again and I managed to get home

Since it it not run..

I have found the paper clib method to find the error code and its indicating C41 - Fuel Relay
checked the relay and that seems all ok
Checked the 10amp fuse and tha'ts ok
Pump not priming but when I turn the ignition on I hear the relay click in then within 3 seconds it kicks out again
I have run power to the pump directly and I can here is working.....
I have tried to start the engine with the pump spun up but still nothing

any further assistance would be mutch appreciated as I have now exceeded my knowledge level

thanks in advance

ROger

Offline Johnnnycheese

• Post Master
Re: Help with C41 error please
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 06:13:39 PM »
if the pump is good the the ecu is shorted
Official Site Tuner
Builder and tuner of some of the FASTEST motorcycle in the world
www.johnnycheese.com

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 06:36:04 PM »
If the relay is activating for ~ 3seconds when you turn the key on, the ECU should be fine.

I woudl look at your wiring. It seems there may be an issue in getting power from the relay to the fuel pump. Te power to the fuel pump is also the power for your fuel injectors.  Your ECU grounds the other side of your injectors to make them fire.

Pull an injector clip and attach the positive side of a volt meter on your injectors and the other side to ground. The wire you are looking for is Yellow with a red tracer I believe. All 4 injectors share this wire.

When the relay is active there should be +12v at these wires. The relay is active for teh ~3 second prime pules, and also when you are trying to crank and when the engine is running.

I would look to be sure there is power going to the relay and coming from the relay.

John
John

Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline xanadude

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 05:07:56 AM »
Thanks guys much appreciated
will be getting messy this evening :)

Offline xanadude

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 12:51:29 PM »
Thanks for all the info guy's

Went back to continuity testing the cables and found it to the the Alarm that had packed up.  The feed from the Relay routed through the alarm unit but was dead....passing through

Removed the alarm and yes I can enjoy our U.K. limited sunshine

Bonus

Again Thank you