Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Bad Experience ordering Parts from Schnitz Racing Products  (Read 22268 times)

Offline Husky

• Rider
Bad Experience ordering Parts from Schnitz Racing Products
« on: January 30, 2013, 12:27:20 PM »
So first time ordering parts from Schnitz Racing Products. Ordered Chain, front and rear sprockets, lowreing links, lowering strap. Got my total from customer rep. that seemed higher than what I came up with. Checked the web site and had to call back as I was charged more thant the advertized prices. Figured honest mistate and got it straightened out.

3 days later amount still not taken out of my account so called Schnitz to make sure they had correct credit card info. Said they had no record of my order!! Went over my order with another customer rep. who now is telling me half the stuff I need is "not" in stock and they have to order it from somone else and will take additional 10 days, fed up, cancelled my order. Pretty crappy first impression these guys left with me, had they at least told me some of the stuff was on back order up front, may have still continued doing business. 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 12:49:58 PM by Husky »

Offline Sport

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
Re: Bad Experience ordering Parts from Schnitz Racing Products
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 06:30:53 PM »
Have only ordered cush drive rubbers from them with no problem but I always ask whether or not the parts I need are in stock or require back orders.  And I never order something that needs back ordering.
Ride em if ya got em

Offline SLEEPERBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 06:58:57 AM »
I guess the economy has them not stocking as much stuff as they had in the past. In the last year, not one order was on time from them. They have had to order my parts when I placed my order.
208.6mph/ Texas Mile. 10/24/2010

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 08:56:17 PM »
They used to be great, and always would have everything in stock. I waited 2 months for my oil pan, and that was the only thing I was waiting on to complete my first turbo bike a few years back. You KNOW that was killing me.

Finally when I called them to cancel the order, because I was willing to go somewhere else and pay $50 more just to get it, the lady said we do have one and it's part of an order going out, but the guy still had a balance to pay before it shipped. I was like WTF!!

Ever since then, I used them as a last resort. Shit I ordered 2 ek master links last night, and I'm surprised they had them. The last time I ordered them, it took 2 weeks to ship. Oh and oil filters too. Waited 3 weeks.

TURBOLAG: The split second the other guy thinks hes winning.

Offline nykon

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 09:07:52 PM »
I have ordered several things from them via their website and never the phone and have not had any issues other than in stock issues.

Would place my order and pay then in 2-3 days get a phone call saying such and such was out of stock and would be in X days. They then asked if I would rather wait for all parts to come in before they shipped or cancel order.

Offline buzard

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 01:21:09 AM »
I agree that you should have been told it wasn't in stock. I also agree the parts on the shelf is money out of Dave's pocket sitting on a shelf. buy two swingarms and you have a thousand out of his pocket sitting on a shelf. Only stock what you made or smaller and make or hit the supplier for the big dollar items.
Next up is a Great Lakes Race craft turbo setup with a NLR billet plenum for 2015

NLR GEN X POWERED/RCC INTERCOOLED PROSTREET BUSA
ONE BAD ASS 02 BLACK 565 HP RCC ULTRA BUSA
turbo 85 1150 scary ride
turbo 01 bandit 220 hp mr. turbo kit
turbo 01 busa 320 hp hahn stage 3
turbo 03 zx12r velocity stage 2
turbo 03 busa nlr gen 1 rac

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 10:24:26 PM »
Part of having a business like that is having inventory needed to get parts to customers and at a suitable time. I can be a lot more forgiving if they didnt have large, expensive or slow moving items but I have had problems with Schnitz not having things like bearing shells, chains, master links ect. There is ZERO excuse for Schnitz to not have plenty of these items on hand economy be damned.

Really....a parts supplier NOT having shells or a chain!

WTF!!!!

I must admit that RSR has pissed me off on more then a few occasions.

~JH

02 BL/BLK
Garrett T28@7psi

Busa pwrd Bonneville car 208 mph+
2X world record holder
NA motor: 1507cc
Fastest 1.5L NA door slammer in the world

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 10:40:11 PM »
The only place I know of that stocks a large supply of bearings is Carolina Cycle.
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline Jon

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 10:50:18 PM »
Ordered from Shnitz online a few times.
One of the few suppliers that I know of that gives a refund on postage when they get it cheaper than the calculator bills you.
I'll keep using them.

jon

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 05:36:35 PM »
I have had good and bad with Schnitz, as has been said big stuff I can understand not stocking, but gaskets, bearings, chains for bikes like Busa's and GSXR's Honda's, the only thing that saves them and causes me to try them every now and then is there prices are generaly cheaper than most other places, as far as when you make a order and then they have to order it then ship it to you, really, really pisses me off, they do that cause they know it you were told up front that's what they did, you would tell them to stuff it and go elsewhere even for more money, I just recently had a very unpleasant experience with another Vendor here on the board, I will not name him, so please don't ask, what I will say is he was very helpful with advice, seemed to know his shit, but if you order anything from him, don't be in a hurry, couple month's back ordered some stuff, said he had these items in stock, I should have it in 2-3 days no problem, almost a month later I got my stuff, after days of playing ph tag that's when he decided to check his answering machine, all through this I and my wife got more crapolla over the phone than you could beleive
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline FrankWeets

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2019, 11:37:56 AM »
What????
They dont read their email??? Thats within my expectations..
Even you call them, they cant give you any infomation too I have tried that.
So you think they can do something for you if you go to their shop??? No
The lady has no understanding of any of the products..

In the end, you will need to request for a manual and write all the parts number for them.. And they take a long time to look for them

Thats my experience...