TECHNICAL > NITROUS

How big of a shot on stock motor

(1/5) > >>

redirider:
Hi, everybody, I sold my victory hammer and now I am seriously looking for a turbo busa, but there is a 2008 really close to me that looks pretty sweet and has a 100hp nitrous set up. It was dynoed and set up correctly. The owner has only ran 2 bottles through it and hasn't had it to the track. The engine is stock and I guess that's my question. Will the stock second gen motor handle a 100 horse shot every now and then? By the way I might take it to the track once or twice a summer and just hit the juice once in a great while whenever I feel the need to sheet my pants... :D
Thanks in advance,
George

sportbikeryder:
I wouldn't spray that much on a bone stock motor. You didn't mention what fuel, but I certainly wouldn't do it on pump gas.

moparict:
A famous tuner around Wichita says, "Pill it till you kill it and then back up one."  With that in mind, I'm with Sportbikeryder.  I can't see a stock Gen 2 motor taking that much nitrous without some sort of supporting mods like valve springs and such.  I would certainly ask questions like, who tuned it?  What mods were done to support that much spray?  What fuel was it tuned on?  Where are the dyno sheets?  Where are the receipts?  A bike with a 100 shot SHOULD have a Nitrous Controller on it also.  That much spray instantaneously will make it do moon wheelies on it's roofie bars!!

Be overly cautious.  Don't take anyones word for anything.  The days of shaking a man's hand and it meaning something are pretty much over (few and far between).  Everyone on a busa has the fastest busa around.  They all make eleventy billion horsey powers and run 652 mph.  Don't get caught up in the crap.  Best advice I can give.

wildphil69:
im with these guys. i have heard of guys splitting keepers in the gen 2 valve train with only a 40 shot!! i have one in my shop right now that HAD a carpenter motor in it and there are dropped valves everywhere.

redirider:
Thanks for the info guys...Think I'll keep looking...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version