Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Rev Rpm problems...07hayabusa  (Read 19540 times)

Offline vivian1314920

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
Rev Rpm problems...07hayabusa
« on: October 29, 2013, 01:58:20 PM »
Recently i bought 07 hayabusa,this bike had an accident by 2010 just the front damage,nothing wrong with two side than after park till this year which is almost 3years i bought it,when i tried to start the bike,the fuel pump was not working, after i took down the fuel pump and use Carb cleaner to clean,after all bike start it..but was missing power,I m sure i change all the spark plug,but still missing...untill when I put the fuel system cleaner(STP) in the tank,and i took a ride with low gear(1st 2nd 3rd) high rpm(8000~9000) for 5 miles,and after suddenly i felt power is back,until recently i want to test high speed,but the bike only give me 140miles...1st and 2nd gear give me 10500rpm sometime only 9000rpm,3rd 4 n 5 6..just get lower n lower...stuck by 6000 or 7000rpm....I have tried start the bike and leaving idle..after i start rev the bike,first time i rev Hard n fast..but stop by 7000,second time I rev slowly and gently and its give me 10500,now the bike is naked without front and side fairing,is that because i left naked and too much air?this bike is without stock pipe but the ex owner took out all the packing,this bike made loud noice and sometime pipe fire like flame,so anyone could help me to solved my problems???about the rev rpm?thanks a lot...

simply like this:I rev hard and fast rpm stock by 7000moreless,if i rev slowely n gentle give me 10500rpm

and i dont know if the bike naked is the problem too???no front nose fairing and two side,plus stock pipe without any packing

sometime the bike make pop noise with flame when i shifting....

Offline genarr3

• Post Master
Re: Rev Rpm problems...07hayabusa
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 02:52:32 PM »
Does it still have the ram air tubes? What about the air box?
Orient Express Top Street Bike 2011 Season Champ Englishtown NJ

Offline vivian1314920

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 03:20:47 PM »
everything stock,and everthing is there,except fornt nose n two side fairing...

stock pipe but the ex owner took out the packing...

Offline vivian1314920

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 10:07:46 PM »
Does it still have the ram air tubes? What about the air box?

my bad.it is without ram air intake...air box still there

Offline Yngve

• Post Master
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 01:22:04 AM »
Running without the ram-air tubes ( or even air box ) doesn't matter that much ( unlike if it was a ZX9R with carbs that almost doesnt run at all ).
I dont know what I am talking about but I do know that I am right :)

Offline vivian1314920

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 02:13:01 AM »
Running without the ram-air tubes ( or even air box ) doesn't matter that much ( unlike if it was a ZX9R with carbs that almost doesnt run at all ).

so what will be?when the bike idle,i try do it fast and rough to rev it,but stock by 7000rpm,but when i do it slowly n gently bike give me full
rpm which is 10500,what is the problem?

even so when i riding,1gear sometime give me 9000 or less sometime give me 10500,2nd 3rd 4th 5th n 6th...just less and less.....why???

Offline slaki

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 05:03:53 AM »
Fuel filter is clogged

Offline Red

• Post Master
    • http://www.revival.tv
Revs go up when you twist the trottle off in higher gears . . .
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 03:20:26 PM »

Fuel filter is clogged .

Clean the crud out of the fuel pump too .  .  .
1999 Prostar West Super Gas Champion !
2000 NMRA / Prostar Pro E/T runner up.
2001, 2002, & 2003 NMRA Pro E/T Champion !
2004 #3, 2005, & 2006 NMRA Pro E/T runner up.
2007 Pro. St. Legal #6, NMRA Pro E/T Champion !
2008 MDRA Super Streetbike Champion !

Offline vivian1314920

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
Re: Revs go up when you twist the trottle off in higher gears . . .
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 10:13:11 PM »
Fuel filter is clogged

Fuel filter is clogged .

Clean the crud out of the fuel pump too .  .  .

i did clean the fuel pump,and DIY clean my injectors,also vtv valve clean throttle body clean,air box clean,nex spark plug on it,

bike just naked without ram air tube,but air box is there,rpm still cant rev high,the most is 8~9....4th 5th 6th gear only give me 7 or less.....NO FI lights

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 07:45:18 AM »
From what your saying it most likely is a fuel problem, a couple of things, if the bike sat 3 years its probably got corrosion in a few places, you need to start with the fuel pump, this does not mean dump some chemical crap in the tank and hope for the best, the tank needs to come off the bike and be checked also the pump and sender taken out and cleaned as the fuel filter is all intergrated with this also the pump itself may need to be replaced as they are difficult to clean properly, all lines of course must be checked and the fuel rail that just leaves the injectors as I said putting some sort of cleaner in the tank can just as likely make your situation worse, as the screens in the injectors which are very small will clog up and will not clean out, your injectors may need to be professionally cleaned or replaced, and lastly trying to run the bike this way with it running like crap wont do it any good, it don't know weather its running lean, rich or whatever and your oil is most like a mess, comtaminated with old fuel and cleaner, best would to change it and filter asap
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 07:49:13 AM by Rocketgeezer »
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline vivian1314920

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 11:29:47 PM »
From what your saying it most likely is a fuel problem, a couple of things, if the bike sat 3 years its probably got corrosion in a few places, you need to start with the fuel pump, this does not mean dump some chemical crap in the tank and hope for the best, the tank needs to come off the bike and be checked also the pump and sender taken out and cleaned as the fuel filter is all intergrated with this also the pump itself may need to be replaced as they are difficult to clean properly, all lines of course must be checked and the fuel rail that just leaves the injectors as I said putting some sort of cleaner in the tank can just as likely make your situation worse, as the screens in the injectors which are very small will clog up and will not clean out, your injectors may need to be professionally cleaned or replaced, and lastly trying to run the bike this way with it running like crap wont do it any good, it don't know weather its running lean, rich or whatever and your oil is most like a mess, comtaminated with old fuel and cleaner, best would to change it and filter asap

thanks for your advise,i took it off my tank cleaned already,i mean really clean!!

and I did clean my pump as well with cleaner,and i also take them off one by one piece by piece,only one Black part of the pump,
i couldnt open,samething with my injectors i took them down clean one by one with cleaner.

but the same result still not working...

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 03:37:07 PM »

thanks for your advise,i took it off my tank cleaned already,i mean really clean!!

and I did clean my pump as well with cleaner,and i also take them off one by one piece by piece,only one Black part of the pump,
i couldnt open,samething with my injectors i took them down clean one by one with cleaner.

Sorry your still having trouble, and I reread your original post you say the fuel pump was not working until you sprayed it with cleaner? if that was the case it probably should have been replaced, also you cannot clean injectors with spray cleaner, and in some case the pros with the proper equipment cannot do it ether, it still sounds like a fuel flow problem, and I hesitate at saying take it to a bike shop that specializes in this type of work, a dealer shop could be iffy, sometimes they may have a with it tech, and maybe not, and takeing it somewhere your going to pay for diagnostic time, labor for replaceing parts, and the parts themselves, and I'm going to guess that to diag, replace pump, and the four fuel injectors, plugs, oil, and whatever, somewhere between $800 and $1200, maybe more, depending on exactly how far they bend you over, and a lot of times some shops insist on running it on the dyno after this type of repair, on the other hand maybe you could get hooked up with a older guy with a small shop that knows what he's doing, and you wont get screwed, the only other way out I can see is get on ebay order a pump and injectors, and hope what you get is good, ................and I know you didn't do it, but by now you see why don't leave a bike like that sit for years unprepared,
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline mitch

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 05:16:06 PM »
 check battery,stator& regulator

Offline Daveeed

• Rider
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2014, 08:21:48 PM »
If you wanted to be sure, you must check the fuel pressure with the bike running.
However, it's your fuel pump. Replace it. While your in there (fixing it)  make sure the filter on the inlet side is clean,
Make sure all the O rings are new or Perfect, a bad O ring on the outlet side of the pump will bleed off fuel pressure.

It's the fuel pump.
Replace it.
Don't clean it.
Replace it.

DD
Tonsil Cancer Survivor: (HPV-16... go figure)
I race to make my soul smile, not to dismantle yours
Mojave Mile: 207 mph
Mojave Magnum: 209 mph
Bonneville: 200.5 mph
Bub RWB: 194.5 mph (Unacclaimed Champion!)
1397/JE13.5-1/Ward head/Web 415-395
Tuner: Fireman Jim @ JT&S Performance, Sonoma

Offline vivian1314920

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 08:02:38 PM »

Sorry your still having trouble, and I reread your original post you say the fuel pump was not working until you sprayed it with cleaner? if that was the case it probably should have been replaced, also you cannot clean injectors with spray cleaner, and in some case the pros with the proper equipment cannot do it ether, it still sounds like a fuel flow problem, and I hesitate at saying take it to a bike shop that specializes in this type of work, a dealer shop could be iffy, sometimes they may have a with it tech, and maybe not, and takeing it somewhere your going to pay for diagnostic time, labor for replaceing parts, and the parts themselves, and I'm going to guess that to diag, replace pump, and the four fuel injectors, plugs, oil, and whatever, somewhere between $800 and $1200, maybe more, depending on exactly how far they bend you over, and a lot of times some shops insist on running it on the dyno after this type of repair, on the other hand maybe you could get hooked up with a older guy with a small shop that knows what he's doing, and you wont get screwed, the only other way out I can see is get on ebay order a pump and injectors, and hope what you get is good, ................and I know you didn't do it, but by now you see why don't leave a bike like that sit for years unprepared,

Thanks for your advise again,I m from C.A Belize...third world country,they dont really has trustworthy Bike shop around...

so everything I need to be doing it by my own,or else those "bike shop"whatever ppl called here,they will fix my Busa like as a scotter or Dodge ram.....

Offline vivian1314920

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 08:08:31 PM »
If you wanted to be sure, you must check the fuel pressure with the bike running.
However, it's your fuel pump. Replace it. While your in there (fixing it)  make sure the filter on the inlet side is clean,
Make sure all the O rings are new or Perfect, a bad O ring on the outlet side of the pump will bleed off fuel pressure.

It's the fuel pump.
Replace it.
Don't clean it.
Replace it.

DD

I hope its fuel pump Amigo,because when i get the bike,bike park for 3years,and wasnt want to prime,after i took down the tank and Fuel pump,it was really "vanish"inside...after Clean(tank and pump),fuel pump start prime and bike start,but was missing fire even i changed 4 CR9E plug,and i decide to go for a ride,I shift 1~2gear.....was high rpm after 5miles later the power come back on.

but right after Rpm wont rev to the red line problem start..

this is the Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XddRGP3Fy5E

I really hope its Fuel pump...

thanks for the advise....

Offline vivian1314920

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 08:20:17 PM »
next problem is,my bike is without ram air intake now,but other wise everything is on,

so without the air intake tubes could be cost this problem?wont rev past certain rpm?

6 gear 6500~7000rpm 140mph...

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 10:16:14 PM »
next problem is,my bike is without ram air intake now,but other wise everything is on,

so without the air intake tubes could be cost this problem?wont rev past certain rpm?

Sorry dude I didn't realize you were in another part of the world, but those ram air tubes are not going to cause the issues your talking about, and I'm still sticking with a fuel delivery problem because given the real rare exception the electronics are not usualy bothered by still for extended periods, but it will screw up a fuel system, if I were you I would seriously start hunting a replacement fuel pump and a set of injectors, and poss a set of O-rings for the fuel rail so you can take it completely apart and inspect/clean it, this is provided as you say the tank and lines are clean

Offline vivian1314920

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2014, 12:25:31 AM »

Sorry dude I didn't realize you were in another part of the world, but those ram air tubes are not going to cause the issues your talking about, and I'm still sticking with a fuel delivery problem because given the real rare exception the electronics are not usualy bothered by still for extended periods, but it will screw up a fuel system, if I were you I would seriously start hunting a replacement fuel pump and a set of injectors, and poss a set of O-rings for the fuel rail so you can take it completely apart and inspect/clean it, this is provided as you say the tank and lines are clean

thanks again,I m plan to order it fuel pump,but i have checked with Oem parts,that will cost 7XXUSD....really serious expensive,

by chance do you know if i can just get the second hand oem from ebay?or do you know any replacement Fuelpump and injector i could get order it?store?sales?or web link?

Offline yvesgsxr1300

• Rider
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2014, 07:22:39 AM »
Maybe the clutch lever switch defec????

Or the gear position sensor behind the clutch basket

A similar problem happened to me in the past (last year) with a 2002 (same electronic as a 2007) and i just change the sensor (gear position sensor) that came with a wire to plug in the harness and the problem gone......Max rpm to the normal limiter in all gears...... :D

When the ECU don't know in what gears it's in ...it protect itself by an early rev limiter.........could be the problem
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 09:44:17 AM by yvesgsxr1300 »

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2014, 07:30:43 PM »

thanks again,I m plan to order it fuel pump,but i have checked with Oem parts,that will cost 7XXUSD....really serious expensive,

by chance do you know if i can just get the second hand oem from ebay?or do you know any replacement Fuelpump and injector i could get order it?store?sales?or web link?
Whenever you buy OEM from a dealer you get screwed, I have had good luck dealing with Shinitz racing, don't know the exact websight address, but you can google it, they would probably have a pump and injectors,

Offline vivian1314920

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2014, 11:01:35 AM »

Whenever you buy OEM from a dealer you get screwed, I have had good luck dealing with Shinitz racing, don't know the exact websight address, but you can google it, they would probably have a pump and injectors,

I have check the Shinitz racing,the stuff look quality,i found the pump,but i didnt find the "fuel filter"assy,which is the two fuel filter,i cant find it,and i dont know where else i could find they sell by individual????

do u know the fuel filter i m talking about???one is from bottom the pump,next one is Black looking one from the top of the pump,the one with Black plastic looking one.

I have check my Busa again,the Pump prime and everything work,but the noise from"prime"is really louder than other injector bike,

also i tried to clean the fuel filter again,the one "black plastic"i spray 2 bottle of the cleaner,but still has dirty vanish comes out,i guess,i need pump itself plus the two new filter,pump i could find from  Shinitz racing,but filter is hard.....do you have any suggestion?

when you replace ur pump,you only check the pump witch is a little motor only that?or with the 2 filter too?

Offline vivian1314920

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2014, 11:14:34 AM »

this is the parts number 15410-24FB0

black plastic looking one,if replace the pump i guess it also the O rings fuel filter need to do it too...

this "black looking"filter OEM cost 300USD up......itself...

I m wondering if i really change this?

I m plan to get the pump from schnitz racing and get O rings set for change also needs the 2filter.

pump is the picture one.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2014, 10:54:18 PM »
Its been awhile since I'v had a tank unit with a stock pump apart, if possible can you assemble the pump and gauge sender without the in tank filter, then put a filter in line between pump and fuel rail, I know the pump wont be filtered that way but as long as your tanks clean and your mindful to keep it clean going in, it should be ok..........as you see the crap that keeps flushing out of the filter is partly why its restricted it cannot flow right..so the bike don't run right, it not getting proper fuel volume, if you are able to do that with a external filter use a good quality metal body filter and fuel inj type clamps

Offline vivian1314920

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2014, 09:42:36 PM »
Its been awhile since I'v had a tank unit with a stock pump apart, if possible can you assemble the pump and gauge sender without the in tank filter, then put a filter in line between pump and fuel rail, I know the pump wont be filtered that way but as long as your tanks clean and your mindful to keep it clean going in, it should be ok..........as you see the crap that keeps flushing out of the filter is partly why its restricted it cannot flow right..so the bike don't run right, it not getting proper fuel volume, if you are able to do that with a external filter use a good quality metal body filter and fuel inj type clamps

hey guys,right now I m going to order my pump,but here is the little question,i need to order fully Fuelpump ASSY,which is filter sending unit and fuel sensor gauge,or just he fuel pump itself is enough???

07busa is intank fuel pump,button has one little filter connect with pump,uppon part has next "BLACK plastic looking"things along with the fuel sensor gauge,what is that "black plastic looking"things?

is that possible to get clog by that"black plastic looking"things?

anyways..my question is,for my problem RPM cant rev...do i just need change the pump?or i need fully Assy???