TECHNICAL > MODS

GEN2 electronics/ECU swap to GEN1 " IT RUNS GREATE - WOHOOOO "

(1/14) > >>

Deiv:
Hy all

Need to swap on my GEN1 turbo Busa electronics to GEN2 to get the boost / MAP based fuelling !!!  Tired of those FMU -s and stuff  :evil:
At the moment 1:1 regulator , 850 cc. main injectors , ECU Editor   -  still I need boost based fuelling system !!!

What exactly do I need to change for swap to GEN2 electrycs - main harness, ECU   :?

Couldn`t find any link to help me out !!! Has anybody done that ???

Many thanks already  :tu:
Deiv   :D

BUSABOYSA:
Best to speak to Sportbikeryder on here, he has done it and he can give you the low down on all the things that need to be changed to get it to work.

Also a link to his build and comments

http://ecuhacking.activeboard.com/t38224981/gen2-ecu-conversion-for-a-gen1-for-use-in-a-prostreet-bike/

Deiv:
Thanks for that one .
But I´m afraid , that there are a lot of things that need exact answere  :D
Like - will the gen1 lights,controls , sensors work with new gen2 harness ??? But that I can figure out myself also I think.
What about this cam sensor and generator stator issue - what parts exactly needed to change or modify ???
Where to connect MAP sensor and what part # it is - where to buy it ???
What to do with gen2 sensor connectors that gen1 motor doesn`t  have , like oil picup,secondary throttles,secondary injectors ......  ???

Lots of stuff for me to find out  :lol: But I have the best possible help I think   :tu:

Gen2 harness is ordered so no turning back now  :wink:
Deiv   8)

sportbikeryder:

--- Quote from: Deiv on November 07, 2013, 05:24:20 AM ---Thanks for that one .
But I´m afraid , that there are a lot of things that need exact answere  :D
Like - will the gen1 lights,controls , sensors work with new gen2 harness ??? But that I can figure out myself also I think.
What about this cam sensor and generator stator issue - what parts exactly needed to change or modify ???
Where to connect MAP sensor and what part # it is - where to buy it ???
What to do with gen2 sensor connectors that gen1 motor doesn`t  have , like oil picup,secondary throttles,secondary injectors ......  ???

Lots of stuff for me to find out  :lol: But I have the best possible help I think   :tu:

Gen2 harness is ordered so no turning back now  :wink:
Deiv   8)

--- End quote ---

Unless you really have a great understanding of ECU editor and all of the functions of the ECU, you will likely be better off not converting the bike. It is not really trivial to do. The conversion itself isn't a big deal, but the possible troubleshooting may be more than you are into.

Deiv:
Yeahh - that`s why it took me two seasons to make this decision to swap . :? Although I work as a bike mechanic for years in Honda center !!! I just don`t know much about Gen 2  .
So far I have been doing all technical stuff on my Gen1 bike myself - becides ECU Editor tuning .
But my tuner is Sami Vittaniemi in Finland / Helsinki  and he has been the codeveloper of this ECU Editor with PetriK (Petri Tikkari)!!!
So I`ve got quite good help .  :tu:   Sami told me just to order the Gen2 Harness and ECU and he supposed to get my Busa working properly . He will be doing all the minor harness modifications and tuning !!!  I just have to install the harness to the bike !!!
But I just want to get as good knowlage about all this , that I would be able to do as much work for Sami as possible .
Don`t really want to go to dyno and start messing with some major issues , that woul`d have been able to fix/prepare before , like rotor mod and cam sensor wireing or something like that !!!
Looking for MUST things to do  , that needs to be done in Gen1 to gen2 swap   :wink:   
   Thanks   Deiv    :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version