Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Loosing Clutch Fluid  (Read 5967 times)

Offline omegared11211

• New User!
Loosing Clutch Fluid
« on: November 23, 2013, 11:13:36 AM »
OK I have a 2003 Busa that keeps loosing clutch fluid.  I have to add about every two weeks or so.  I checked the line and do not see any signs of leakage and the fittings are tight.  Is there any kind of o-ring that could be causing a leak maybe on the clutch cover etc?  I have the online manual but do not know where to start to look since I am not familiar with the clutch setup on this type of bike.   Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: Loosing Clutch Fluid
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 05:49:56 PM »
If your adding that much its got to have a leak somewhere, if you do not see anything leaking or dripping it most likely has the clutch slave cly leaking when you pull on the clutch lever, this is mounted inside the front sprocket cover, which is held on with bolts that have a 8mm head if you take the sprocket cover off and look at the slave cly, you most likely will see where its leaking probably where the clutch pushrod comes out, if this is what you find call your favorite Suz parts guy and get a new one install it, then you will have to bleed the air out, not a difficult job at all, try to find the part from one of the vendors here on SH.ORG they are OK dudes and greatful for the business, the reason you may not see a leak is because it may be getting flung off and getting on the chain
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline omegared11211

• New User!
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 10:41:20 AM »
Thanks for the help.  Would I need to get an entire slave or is there an o-ring kit?  Thanks again for the help.

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 10:55:00 AM »
If you need one put a post up. There are plenty of used ones for cheap
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 05:04:27 PM »
Thanks for the help.  Would I need to get an entire slave or is there an o-ring kit?  Thanks again for the help.
No problem, I honestly do not know of a rebuild kit or something like it is available, but as Wildphil said there a few laying around, and a new can't cost that much
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 12:57:08 PM »
No problem, I honestly do not know of a rebuild kit or something like it is available, but as Wildphil said there a few laying around, and a new can't cost that much
the dealer has rebuild kits, did mine not to long ago
alcohol is the cause and solution to all my problem,s

it burn,s when i pee

tattoos and harley,s  both image enhancers

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 04:40:44 PM »
Did you find any corrosion in the bore or on the piston?

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 06:43:51 PM »
no corrosion, it was clean, and when i did it the bike at the time had 127k on it

it burn,s when i pee

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 11:25:45 PM »
no corrosion, it was clean, and when i did it the bike at the time had 127k on it
No shit, that's good to know :tu:

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013, 10:01:12 AM »
but i do change the clutch fluid every winter when the bike is down for the season

it burn,s when i pee