Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Moving Steering head back on Busa to change weight distribution/shorten WB?  (Read 4179 times)

Offline gmansyz2

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
Anyone try this? The opposite of LSR modding. Want to see if it's possible to make it closer to a GSXR putting more weight on the front wheel.
Tnx
G

Offline MICHAEL MATHEWS

• Rider
Some of the pro street bikes are de-raked.They do it for wheelbase restrictions but I would think it would serve your purpose.I believe someone sells re-worked triple clamps.

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Prostreet uses reduced offset, not de-rake.

gman, I think you are in way over your head and abilities with your ideas. If you want to fabricate your own stuff, have at it, but as far as paying someone else to do all of these things you think of, you will have $30k in something that is pretty much a stock bike.

Take a few steps back and just go out and ride.

Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline STREETDRAG

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
I have some gsxr 1" offset trees but you have to turn your fork tubes down..

Offline gmansyz2

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
Hi guys! Thanks for your comments.
While clamps with less offset is going the right direction, it is not quite solving my problem. But, what is the inside diameter of the top and bottom of the clamp where the fork tubes slide through? And the center to center distance as well? And the stem?
sportbikeryder, I hear you and am rethinking this project. Wish I had something to ride right now so am also killing off some projects. And yes, the moving the head back on  the Busa is more work than trying to wedge a Busa into a GSXR600. With a small turbo and single throttle body, I would keep the mods and fabrication to a minimum.
Thanks for the replies.
G