MEMBERS > MEMBER PROJECTS

GSXR track Thing

<< < (3/3)

trunkbuster:
I decided where I wanted the rear sets so I tightened them up.  They're about 3 inches up and back from stock.  The riding position is a little more cramped but I'll be able to hang off the seat further in the corners.

trunkbuster:
I built a bake box to cure the coated parts.  The parts have to cook for an hour above 350 degrees F in order to cure.  I figured a $250 box was cheaper than a $2000 oven.

I coated the wood with hi-temp header paint to smoothen the surface for the insulation.

Covered all the pieces with sheets of insulation tape good for up to 850 degrees of continuous heat.

The finished product.  I'll be using my 1500 watt curing lamp for heat.  It cranks up to 600 degrees.  You can't really see them clearly but there are wires hanging down from inside the top for hanging parts on.

trunkbuster:
Got the head porting done.

Getting the combustion chamber area ready for the thermal barrier coating.

I got a busted headlight off ebay to use for my instrument cluster holder. I gutted it, didn't know the internals weighed so much!

Here's what the bike looks like right now. A rolling chassis; wheels, brakes, and rear sets on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version