TECHNICAL > LITER BIKES

1070 motors

(1/1)

GIXXER1070:
Ok,i read on here all the time about guys getting there 1070 motors tuned on pump gas,my question is,how are you doing it?
I always have to get mine tuned with race gas, pump gas mix and naturally when i run straight pump gas my tune is off and it pings like a son of a bitch down low. All i have is a je 13.5.1 1070 piston kit,with big valve head and cams.
I dont race anymore, so im trying to get it tuned on straight pump gas, got it apart right now,thinking about putting in a thicker head gasket to lower compression.
Any help would be appreciated.

Red:

--- Quote from: GIXXER1070 on February 14, 2015, 10:40:04 AM ---Ok,

I read on here all the time about guys getting there 1070 motors tuned on pump gas, my question is, how are you doing it?

Any help would be appreciated.

--- End quote ---

At sea level you will have way better air & need to run good fuel .  .  .

With higher elevations not so much & don't pin it down low !

If you're drag racing it  ~ leave above 7500 rpms ?

Do your best not to lug that motor !

Down shift on the street .

Red,    *<(:{)-

GIXXER1070:
Thanks for the reply red, i live in kansas and our highest octane pump gas here is 91 octane, the bike isnt raced anymore,its all back to stock except the motor.
The motor was tuned on a mix of 91 octane and c12,now that im not racing anymore,id like to get it tuned on pump gas.
Think im gonna put in a 0.036 head gasket to lower the compression and play with cam timing and see what i come up with.

Turbo G:
wouldnt it be easier to sell that motor and just buy a bone stock motor?

GIXXER1070:
Yeah probably, but people are always looking for crack head deals, I've got a lot of money in this motor ,I'd rather keep it than let it go super cheap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version