Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: is this normal?  (Read 8414 times)

Offline liverpool1208

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
is this normal?
« on: May 08, 2015, 05:06:24 PM »
Hi please take a look at the video i have uploaded... I noticed that when i rev the bike, it sometimes hits up till only 8-9 and sometimes till 11. Is this normal? My bike shop mechanic changed the fuel pump and said he's not sure what the problem could be.. any help here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qb_8RbPXJQ

bike is hayabusa 07 . 2nd hand purchased from a bike shop. fuel pump was changed 2 days ago. bike is in stock except for yoshi slip on exhaust.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 05:08:26 PM by liverpool1208 »

Offline Sport

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
Re: is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 05:35:25 PM »
Doesn't sound right to me.  My 06 stocker runs up to redline instantly every time.  I have 53,000 on it.
Ride em if ya got em

Offline liverpool1208

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 05:43:18 PM »
This is happening even after changing the fuel pump. My bike is at about 93,000. So what could be the problem?

Offline Stainless1

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 08:44:38 PM »
If you are trying to blow it up you are on the right path.   :tu:  keep doing that...  :hys:
 how does it ride when not free revving the motor.  Is there a problem or did you just want to see it hit the red area
Bonneville 200 MPH Club
245 MPH Turbo Busa Powered Lakester
208.959 MPH NA GSXR 1000

Offline liverpool1208

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 09:19:01 PM »
no i'm not trying to blow it up.. i'm having issues with the rpm hitting 11k. See on the video the first rev... i was only able to go up till 9k and it was struggling to go any higher... This happens sometimes. That's why i want to know if this is normal? I just recently changed the fuel pump..

Offline liverpool1208

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 09:20:41 PM »
it does not go up till the red zone at times that is the issue i'm facing now... as i'm not able to go above 240kph. The bike struggles to go any higher than that...

Offline Stainless1

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 10:03:04 PM »
OK, I'll bite, why was the fuel pump changed... is/was the bike throwing any codes, did your mechanic put it in dealer mode to check it.  Is the ECU stock or has it been hacked.  Is it in limp mode.  Is this a European bike that is restricted.
Bonneville 200 MPH Club
208.959 MPH NA GSXR 1000

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 03:11:45 AM »
OK, I'll bite, why was the fuel pump changed... is/was the bike throwing any codes, did your mechanic put it in dealer mode to check it.  Is the ECU stock or has it been hacked.  Is it in limp mode.  Is this a European bike that is restricted.

Is the air cleaner in good shape?  Has it been over-oiled?
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 09:51:35 AM »
 :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:
If you are trying to blow it up you are on the right path.   :tu:  keep doing that...  :hys:
 how does it ride when not free revving the motor.  Is there a problem or did you just want to see it hit the red area
alcohol is the cause and solution to all my problem,s

it burn,s when i pee

tattoos and harley,s  both image enhancers

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 11:36:39 AM »
:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

Agreed, buzzin' these motors like that without them being under load, i.e. in the wind or on a dyno is just asking for an ass-whippin'.

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline Stainless1

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2015, 09:01:08 AM »
OK, lets try a test, will it pull the red line in 3rd?  4th?  5th?  If your problem is only in 5th and 6th, you might want to work on your tuck  :shock:
Answer some of the questions that have been asked
Bonneville 200 MPH Club
208.959 MPH NA GSXR 1000

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2015, 03:09:10 PM »
it does not go up till the red zone at times that is the issue i'm facing now... as i'm not able to go above 240kph. The bike struggles to go any higher than that...
were you seriously sitting there in out of gear, revving the piss out of it just to see if it hits redline??? if so you deserve any shit you get, if not, you need get a little more specific as to exactly when this is happening, diagnosing something like this using advice from here and there is tough, unless you get lucky but I wiil say if you are in the habit of revving this shit out of it while sitting still your valve springs at least, are probably toast
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2015, 04:14:23 PM »
Could be an issue with the can sensor, or if the bike really has high mileage/km on it and still has the stock can chain, it may be stretched beyond the limits of the tensioner, or the guides worn enough to have the intake can beyond the usable range for the can sensor.

As far as free reccinf the engine and having it blow up, I agree that there is no need for it, but that said , I've never seen a modern inline 4 engine blow up from revving it.
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2015, 07:49:34 PM »

As far as free reccinf the engine and having it blow up, I agree that there is no need for it, but that said , I've never seen a modern inline 4 engine blow up from revving it.

That is 'cuz nobody does that crap.  It is no way to diagnose a power issue.   :td:

"Step UP or Step Aside"