Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Forstall/Knecum LSR 14 turned 7sec drag goal  (Read 9617 times)

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
Forstall/Knecum LSR 14 turned 7sec drag goal
« on: November 12, 2015, 08:24:39 PM »
http://youtu.be/YgyMIcgeJPI

http://youtu.be/1AIDU--gBeI

http://youtu.be/sukaCOlU8Lo

Getting real close to the goal.  Best so far 8.10@174 with the 60' to improve a tenth still. 7s then it time for an all out grudge attempt to go 2 to 3 tenths better yet, at over 177 for later next yr.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: Forstall/Knecum LSR 14 turned 7sec drag goal
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 11:23:19 AM »
Nice job bro,those bikes are flyin'. :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 01:14:25 PM »
Looked fast and quick, reaction time looked right on the money as well.  Kudos!!!!   :tu:
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 11:20:38 PM »
Can you even comprehend .008? Well thats how much I missed to get our teams (REAL) STREET stock ECU, all motor bike into the 7s. This bike gets ridden back unlike a lot of other bikes. It has a flashed ECU,PC5 with no 2 step, never dynoed, clutch issues that left .05 of 60' on the table that equates to a mid 7.80 bike @175+ I even put a new shock on that wasn't even close and had to jack the rear up like a YZF 450 to prevent tire to tiger tail contact. The rear axle sits almost 2" lover then the pivot but I sill managed to make a string of .00-03 passes with such a low battery that it shut off in the shutdown, charging it before hand. We actually removed the stator and winding to loose 5lbs as the bike is a porker at 470lb, but found out that the 14 consumes to much voltage and was effecting my air fuel with me even richening it up 20s with really no air fuel change taking place. The pump just couldn't handle 9v. The clutch was fading as well from trying to drive it back with a very low static setting, not RECOMMENDED. So with the track coming to a official end of the season we just ran out of time literally. If I didn't let a friend make 15 passes on it first  I think we would've done it. Well Larry and I have a bigger goal in mind. To build the lightest 14r chassis possible, along with some added power and 76 in of W.B. , slick and slider, carbon and more carbon, lets just say it will break into the 7.99 range with .1s to spare. What were really after is 180 MPH on Motor!! The ET will be determined at a later date. Then when I have time I'll hop back on my Bking to try to get that in the 7s, if I do i think it will be for sale. 1 man can't ride 5 bikes and maintain them at different venues without a crew. Its impossible. Ill try To post my slips, They were a 8.007, 8.01 and a tire spinning then catching and sling shoting me forward to what I thought was an 8.20 turned out to be a 8.03,@175.37  that pass woulda, shoulda, and coulda, been the 7 we were looking for, but thats what makes you keep coming back. The Big blue chassis will turn into a 8.50 bracket bike and the grudge chassis will turn into a 180 MPH ET to be determined  amusement park ride!!! Is it March yet???

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 02:09:58 AM »
So close! As usual, a lot learned to make it happen next year. You won't take up a whole season to make that .008 disappear.  Congrats on your successes this far in, and best of luck next year.
Closed course. Professional rider. Do not attempt.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

If it's in a truck or trailer, it's being stolen

Offline Jeremyg1283

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 03:29:37 PM »
Nice work here! You will nail it soon.

Offline Bim28

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 03:05:21 PM »