Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Brad Penn oil advice,,  (Read 5387 times)

Offline FlaminRoo

• Rider
Brad Penn oil advice,,
« on: October 28, 2018, 04:40:01 PM »
I have been using Fuchs oils in my LandSpeed bike(turbo zx12), however there have been signs of stress to the bigend bearings,, am thinking of changing over to Brad Penn V2 because of the zinc content,, a mate of mine (car guy) has offered to supply me Penn Grade1  (10W 40),, has anyone on here ran this stuff, if so what effects did it show on the clutch, and general high rpm ware ???
First Australian to ride a motorcycle 200mph at Bonneville,,

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
Re: Brad Penn oil advice,,
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 07:23:58 PM »
I have used it and still do...great oil!
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline FlaminRoo

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 06:10:40 AM »
I have used it and still do...great oil!

Is that the motorcycle V2, or the car Grade1 ?,, and your bike is used for ? drags, street ???

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 08:14:09 AM »
The bearings likely have nothingto do with brand of oil rather just plain overload. The projected area of the rod bearings on bikes is very small and has extreme pressure loading as compared to a larger bearing. Unfortunately there is very little that can be done to increase the bearing size to make an appreciable difference. Some have used blackbird or zx14 bearings in hayabusas, but the difference is only slight.

That said, Brad Penn oil is good, but that said I've rarely seen an issue that was caused by type of oil chosen.
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline FlaminRoo

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 04:15:55 PM »
Yup, agree with the comments on the bearing size problem, have done resurche trying to sorce wider ones, no success,,

WOT for +two minutes on a salt lake sure amplifies issues  :wink::D

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 10:17:22 AM »
460 horse street land speed drag racing. We have used both versions you will need a lockup to run the car oil
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.