TECHNICAL > MODS

Anyone running Dry sump with Pressure Stage?

(1/5) > >>

uaeproz:
**Posted this thread in other forums, hunting down the ones who attempted or successfully made it happen**

Hi all,

So Pressure Stage.... Did anyone try this? If I'll go the dry sump route, I would add pressure stage cause it doesn't make sense to me otherwise. I received few responses from NRL and others saying I don't need it. While I respect those responses, I just need to know if anyone out there actually tried it?

Dailey built dry sump with pressure stage for Hayabusa but can anyone share the feedback? I need some feedback cause I'm running uphill races (50 degree slope) up to 10 seconds per pass at WOT full load with paddle tires on a Turbo'ed (close to 30 psi) hayabusa powered sandrail so positive oil pressure all the way to a point where I have to empty the catch can I have on the crankcase breather on every pass otherwise, I would overflow.

I checked the manual but I'm not sure if this is correct. If I remove the oil pump, How the scavenge pump shaft would rotate. It looks like the scavenge pump shaft which replaces the water pump shaft is driven by the oil pump shaft? So how this is going to work? Please have a look at the attached page from the manual.

Thanks,

Abdulla

GSXRTURBO1:
If NLR gave you advice I would take it. Not many (if any) are better equipped to give advice of that sort.

Oz Booster:
Original oil pump works fine .... if it has good oil supply , i would leave it to drive the scavenge sections and supply it from the reservoir with a large capacity hose as the pressure pump

uaeproz:

--- Quote from: Oz Booster on August 06, 2019, 03:55:48 PM ---Original oil pump works fine .... if it has good oil supply , i would leave it to drive the scavenge sections and supply it from the reservoir with a large capacity hose as the pressure pump

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: GSXRTURBO1 on August 06, 2019, 02:39:08 PM ---If NLR gave you advice I would take it. Not many (if any) are better equipped to give advice of that sort.

--- End quote ---

NRL reputation precedes them. I just want to explore alternatives. My application is different cause I'm not driving on flat grounds. I run on steep slopes ups and downs so the engine becomes heavily tilted for considerable time that leads the oil, steer far from the oil pickup hence risks of running dry. Scavenge pump coupled with big tank and large diameter hose could resolve the risk of oil movement but so is having a bigger wet sump pan coupled with accusump I think.

The only benefit I see from running scavenge is to create negative so no overflow happens from the crankcase breather but I'm not sure about the stock oil pump capability though, scavenging for long periods could create cavitation? I don't know.

Bill Dailey told me that one of his customers ordered scavenge initially without pressure stage who later on, ordered scavenge with pressure section cause his engine ran dry at certain RPM/load. He also told me that, his customer managed to somehow remove the internal oil pump but I don't know how he managed to remove the internal pump while maintaining the oil pump shaft to rotate in order to turn the scavenge pump shaft.

uaeproz:
The point I'm trying to make here, If I'm going to invest in scavenge pump couple of thousands $$, throwing in couple of hundreds in order to eliminate the risks of failures will have no harm. I just want to do it right from the get go. Better to be safe than sorry. I'm I making some sense here?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version