Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Install Wossner Connecting Rods  (Read 2581 times)

Offline Kuhrazy

• Rider
Install Wossner Connecting Rods
« on: May 23, 2021, 10:01:13 AM »
I did a search, and didnt really get any sort of specific answer.

Im slowly building my engine, and I picked up Wossner connecting rods, looking to install them, but not 100% on what to do for a bearing.

Do i just plasti-gauge them? or is there a way to use OEM bearings, and use the rod/case chart to get the right ones?

Thanks in advance.

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: Install Wossner Connecting Rods
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 10:44:09 PM »
You can measure the rod bore and the crank journal and then determine appropriate bearings either by doing the math or using the rod bore diameter to determine the "nymber" of the rod.
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline Ali123

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 05:36:50 PM »
I did a search, and didnt really get any sort of specific answer.

Im slowly building my engine, and I picked up Wossner connecting rods, looking to install them, but not 100% on what to do for a bearing.

Do i just plasti-gauge them? or is there a way to use OEM bearings, and use the rod/case chart to get the right ones?

Thanks in advance.

or just send it to a known good engine builder...i suspect there are some secrets that no engine builder will share.

Offline Stainless1

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 11:20:21 PM »
Do you own a bore gauge?  No not one of those cheapie telescoping things, a real bore gauge...
Since you are asking, I'll guess no....
So is this a daily rider, a racer, dual purpose... turbo, NA or occasional N20?  Any oiling system mods...
Why are you rebuilding... something go wrong?  All these things and more are considered when rebuilding... you changed rods... for cause or just wanted cool rods?

If you are home building, I would buy the loose shells, pop them in and plastigage... IIRC Wossner rods are Carrillo.... You do not want them too tight.... repeat... You do not want them too tight.... The difference in the shells is in "tenths" I'm not sure you'll see much difference with Plastigage...
Good luck with your build...
Bonneville 200 MPH Club
245 MPH Turbo Busa Powered Lakester
208.959 MPH NA GSXR 1000