Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Maybe a slightly new format?  (Read 6031 times)

Offline Ali123

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
Maybe a slightly new format?
« on: February 19, 2020, 07:32:34 AM »
Im sittin here thinkin that some of the baddest ass drag racing legends and LSR guys congregate here and yet its like a graveyard..... maybe a software change could generate some traffic and give us a place to check in daily and call home? if Mr Warner called this place home........... we gottaat least  try to party like its 2009. i know its easier said than done but............... 

Offline Red

• Post Master
    • http://www.revival.tv
Re: Maybe a slightly new format?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 12:57:48 PM »
1999 Prostar West Super Gas Champion !
2000 NMRA / Prostar Pro E/T runner up.
2001, 2002, & 2003 NMRA Pro E/T Champion !
2004 #3, 2005, & 2006 NMRA Pro E/T runner up.
2007 Pro. St. Legal #6, NMRA Pro E/T Champion !
2008 MDRA Super Streetbike Champion !

Offline Ali123

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 08:04:51 AM »
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 07:41:09 PM by Ali123 »

Online ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 03:26:29 PM »
Somebody say facebook is corrupt?
Closed course. Professional rider. Do not attempt.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

If it's in a truck or trailer, it's being stolen

Offline Red

• Post Master
    • http://www.revival.tv
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 06:37:36 PM »
1999 Prostar West Super Gas Champion !
2000 NMRA / Prostar Pro E/T runner up.
2001, 2002, & 2003 NMRA Pro E/T Champion !
2004 #3, 2005, & 2006 NMRA Pro E/T runner up.
2007 Pro. St. Legal #6, NMRA Pro E/T Champion !
2008 MDRA Super Streetbike Champion !

Offline Ali123

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 07:29:03 PM »
Somebody say facebook is corrupt?

Come on man..... help us out to start a spark to let the old fires burn..... If Bill Warner considered this a suitable place to disperse wisdom.... then surely this should be the number 1 busa site..... let the revolution begin! If its a money thing..... maybe me and red can do some fundraising to get things moving...... NEW FORMAT please?

Offline Ali123

• Rider
  • Enthusiast

Online ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2020, 09:07:51 AM »
Ali123, you have a new look to preview :D

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • Friends don't let friends use boost.
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2020, 08:39:58 AM »
I’ve been giving this one some though. Seems FB is the “new” gathering place, but mostly the posts contain less specific topics. Also, you might have non qualified individuals responding to help topics. I wouldn’t have my bike if it weren’t for this site, as I would have given up on getting it sorted years ago.
The “better than FB” factor we have here are the remaining members, with their higher level of knowledge and higher desire to help. We’re less about drive by advice and more about sticking with members issues until they get the help they’re after.
Not sure what to do with this, but to me this is the major and unique plus of this forum as compared to FB groups.
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Online ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2020, 07:09:40 PM »
That's the heart of it, why it's here. Less about spend your whole night here, more about checking in often and maintaining what we have, a great place you can count on for help when you need it.

Online ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2020, 07:15:33 PM »
On a side note, went ice fishing and all I caught was this mealoaf

Offline Ali123

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2020, 07:47:20 AM »
I’ve been giving this one some though. Seems FB is the “new” gathering place, but mostly the posts contain less specific topics. Also, you might have non qualified individuals responding to help topics. I wouldn’t have my bike if it weren’t for this site, as I would have given up on getting it sorted years ago.
The “better than FB” factor we have here are the remaining members, with their higher level of knowledge and higher desire to help. We’re less about drive by advice and more about sticking with members issues until they get the help they’re after.
Not sure what to do with this, but to me this is the major and unique plus of this forum as compared to FB groups.

I hear ya... but sometimes DAYS go by with no posts here... as u said... the more knowledgeable folks are here... legends even... A forum will NEVER give FB or ANY social media platfrom any serious competition for hits and views... but when 3 days go by and only 3 posts are made........... is this healthy? i was just SIMPLY saying that a MORE INTERACTIVE platform would surely drive more traffic and get folks involved..... IF U BUILD IT..... THEY WILL COME scenario if u will....... its just about being more interactive.

Offline Ali123

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2020, 08:04:14 AM »
and as i said... im willing to put my money where my mouth is.

Offline busa2001

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2020, 08:26:17 AM »
I still don't have a facebook account...Just not interested...lol

Offline busa2001

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2020, 09:51:30 AM »
I'm onboard with whatever it takes to bring this board back to life, If as Ali suggested a format change, will give it a new heartbeat i'm onboard, there must be something we can do to generate some more traffic..

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • Friends don't let friends use boost.
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2020, 09:56:06 AM »
My wife Just mentioned putting links on everything you see on Facebook. It throws people to the site. I’m 54 so I’m out of the loop, she’s 3 1/2 years younger so she still in the thick the inter web knowledge, LOL.
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline Ali123

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2020, 10:11:19 AM »
the facebook thing would be a great addition ONCE this site has a robust interactive interface..... simply meaning.... check out some otyher forums and see how the topics and responses are laid out.... on this site... once u click "new posts"..... and read the single post..... its a remaining blank screen.....

Offline Ali123

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2020, 10:33:40 AM »
Just for starters.... If we arent gonna use new software..... then this should be the DEFAULT SCREEN after clicking "show unread posts".....

Offline Ali123

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2020, 10:34:59 AM »
this is what i mean... when i say "more interactive.......

Offline Ali123

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2020, 10:35:46 AM »
WITH LARGE FONT AND TYPEFACE