TECHNICAL > HELP!

99 gen 1 fuel pump and pressure regulator replacement?? now has second Issue?

<< < (5/5)

BillyBoyBusa:

Oz Booster,

Your right, it was a pinched wire inside the external fuel pump housing. I freed it up and ran with it.
I am feeling the same way. After my local Suzuki dealer tested all the sensors, switches, and related systems they have no answers.
They are pointing at the ECU, but why only under hard breaking? Could it be inside the fuel pump housing? Is it time to replace the external fuel pump and housing with an inline fuel pump regulator and filter?
How would I get past the fact that the gen one fuel rail has no return at the end of it?

Thanks for the input,
Billy Boy Busa

Stainless1:
I would doubt it is the ECU... did they put a fuel pressure gauge on it, ride it and get the failure? 

Replacing one of the plastic tubes on the fuel rail if how you do a return... same piece to facilitate attaching a test gauge, there used to be a bunch of folks making those small parts... probably mostly replaced by folks that make new 1 piece rails.

Does the dealer have a test ECU to check?  What number is on your 99?  I could have one you could borrow if it comes to that... I have a stack and not sure which is which, but I suspect at least one is a 99.
I probably also have fuel rail parts, I just need to look for them.

Did the dealer give up and give the bike back to you?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version