TECHNICAL > HELP!

99 gen 1 fuel pump and pressure regulator replacement?? now has second Issue?

<< < (2/5) > >>

RansomT:
I would first slightly raise the idle and check for a vacuum leak.

The next involves a question.  When is the last time the valves were adjusted?

BillyBoyBusa:
 Thanks for the reply Ransomt,
I do have the idle up and have recently found a vacuum leak and a kinked vacuum line , corrected those but possible to have another I will use some spray and look.
As far as the valves they have not been done every since i have owned it and i have had the bike for a lone time, nor did the previous owner!
Its a crazy issue because i can be going 50-60-70 pull in the clutch and brake hard and the motor will shut off , Starts back up! on the other side iIwill be splitting lanes and accelerating hard and let off completely and the motor will shut off. That gets pretty interesting to say the least trying to get it restarted hauling ass between a couple of cars, sometimes having to coast over and stop on the side of the fwy at times its harder to get it started??
I am think about taking it in to Suzuki service and biting the bullet if i have to, but hoping more experienced tech types will have some advice that have cured these type of issue??

BillyBoyBusa:
I got to love my title, Apprentice post whore, Right on Admin.LOL

LVBUSA:
Vacuum leak, hmmm...

How about check kickstand switch, and t/o switch ?.

Check tension on your side stand , if it's loose or floppy it'll sure enough shut your motor down and then relax back into the closed position. Fires right up.

I'd check the tip over sensor also. They mimic power outage.

If all checks, considering your remarks, leak down test.
👍🏻

BillyBoyBusa:
Hey Thanks for the impute LVBUSA,
So i have installed a tip over Bypass from Siznit racing,  Kick stand seemed  a little floppy so I zip tied in the the foot peg, Still no luck.
Its driving me nutssss. I can literally be goin 50 and up and front brake hard and boom shuts off. hope its not a leakdown problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version