MEMBERS > MEMBER PROJECTS

Maxton----time to play!!

(1/2) > >>

Hank:
Got in around 4 or so from Sebs after about a 8 1/2--9 hour drive.I tried my hand at driving Sebs rig,after some advice not to pull in to a spot where he told me not to,I did anyway.My driving lessons ended there,with just a nice big tire print on one of the concrete bollards.I did manage to get us lost for about an hour before finding the hotel and finally getting some food.We had at least teched first and have a spot out at the track.The drivers meeting is in the morning around 9:30 or so.I hope to have a pass or 2 in before noon.I signed Seb up as a member,and listed him as co-driver for the bike.After my thourough safety ride---oh--8 or 9 passes,I hope to see him take a ride down the "Monster Mile" for himself.
We were treated,as all entrants,with courtesy,and after a thourough examination of the new bike,were pronounced fit to race by 2 of the ECTA officials including the august Mr. Scott Guthrie himself.I look forward to a full day of fun and excitement at Maxton.With my air card,I should be able to update the board on times posted and records set by all the entrys.

Seb discovers why his ass has been hurting for 2 hours---

getting close now

The entry---

Tech line

and looking down to the jog to the left from the starting line----

and Seb's opinion of how we will do on Sat.

turbotoys:
any luck or did you get rain?

Hank:

--- Quote from: turbotoys ---any luck or did you get rain?
--- End quote ---

No rain here.Some headwind,but nothing like some areas.We did what we needed to do for a brand new bike,and that was get real world data for Seb.I made a total of 8 passes with 5 under controlled conditions for data and to check a small problem.Even though we were not set up for Maxton,the competitive juices were there and I tried to do the best I could with a over powered,under suspended,no weight,too long,ect,ect,bike. :D  :D .I personally screwed up two passes by leaving in second gear on one and pushing the turn signal to shift 3 times before I realized that was not so smart.211 was it on the "wrong button" pass.I did have a lot of fun and got some much needed seat time in for the next time there.I might even suggest a change or two in the set-up.Just for fun of course. :D

turbotoys:
cool that is what it is all about 8)

BEN:
Does Seb ever age. :?  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version