Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: TOP SPEED  (Read 17707 times)

Offline •Khandy•Rhed•Bhusa•

• Post Whore
TOP SPEED
« on: November 16, 2004, 11:48:08 PM »
with TRE installed, what is the top speed of the Hayabusa? meaning that its restricted at 186mph, would it be 193-200mph de-restricted?

suzuki4life

TOP SPEED
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 12:03:06 AM »
in theory or reality?

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
TOP SPEED
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 09:33:20 AM »
It depends on the setup of the bike, the rider, and the conditions. Most stock Busa's with average rider run mid to high 180's in average conditions.

Dave
220.312 at Maxton...ALL MOTOR

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline busarush

• Post Whore
TOP SPEED
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 09:45:14 AM »
That's at sea level.  If you're working with any kind of altitude it'll be in the mid to upper 170's.  Bike magazines quoting top speed tests are not average riders nor are they necessarily your average off the line stock bike.  Real world is totally different.
"Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted but getting what you have, which once you have got it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you known." -  Garrison Keillor

Offline Bayou Busa

• Post Master
TOP SPEED
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 09:52:15 AM »
What they said...

And don't believe what your speedometer says...I'm 2 up on the rear and have seen 170+ mph indicated while passing though the trap at the track although I was actually doing 153 mph...
  "All Motor"

Offline busarush

• Post Whore
TOP SPEED
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 10:03:35 AM »
Yep- if your gearing is stock your speedo means nothing.  I did a GPS run at 172mph and my speedo was pegged at 185 for a looooong time.  100mph on the speedo, I determined later, was 92 on the GPS.  It's not linear by the way.  It gets further off the faster you go.  I now am running +1 on the front sprocket and the speedo is almost perfect.
"Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted but getting what you have, which once you have got it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you known." -  Garrison Keillor

• Post Whore
TOP SPEED
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2004, 11:24:37 AM »
I have the TRE and I went 175 indicated, as you guts say im sure it was off but it felf fast as hell and my friend on his CBR600 was doing 16x indicated and to tell you the truth, If I was gaining on him, either I don't remember, I couldn't tell if I was, or either I was gaining on him slowly  which theoretically does not sound right at all.

Sprockets what sprocket combination that will give me even FASTER accel, and a combination that could correct the speedo  Thanks fellas

Offline BiggerDanno

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • HOW FAST IS FAST?
TOP SPEED
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2004, 11:45:45 AM »
Quote from: Hayaboosta03

Sprockets what sprocket combination that will give me even FASTER accel, and a combination that could correct the speedo  Thanks fellas

You can't have both at the same time without a Yellowbox.
18/40 will correct your speedo. 17/43 will give you quicker off the line acceleration.
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams...John Barrymore

Too much power is addictive!!!

Offline dbruins

• Rider
TOP SPEED
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2004, 10:26:27 PM »
Speed safely!

Dirk Bruins

Offline Blue Streak

• Post Master
TOP SPEED
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2004, 11:26:17 PM »
my friend on his CBR600 was doing 16x indicated and to tell you the truth, If I was gaining on him, either I don't remember, I couldn't tell if I was, or either I was gaining on him slowly

Are you saying that you couldn't pull on your buddies 600?  :shock:  :?
02 Silver/Grey  Turbo Busa * T61 NLR kit*
04 Black SWB Turbo Busa * DBB stage 2*

Offline BiggerDanno

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • HOW FAST IS FAST?
TOP SPEED
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2004, 09:14:59 AM »
Quote from: Cookie

What is a TREE anyway?

It is a leafy thing, usually.

• Post Whore
TOP SPEED
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2004, 12:52:51 PM »
oh no lol I was defineatly pulling on him bad might I add. It all came to me, that was the fasteseses I went So I was more glued to the tach and the road and keeping my mind clear.  So you say 185mph max  huh?

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
TOP SPEED
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2004, 04:57:05 PM »
You guys suck.  :wink:

An unrestricted (or de-restricted) Hayabusa should be capable of 196-197 mph (actual) into the rev-limiter in high gear on a stock-sized rear tire in good shape. And at sea level, it should have the power to do it. If it doesn't, you're not doing it right.

With the stock windscreen, they're pretty picky about body position. With a ZG Double-Bubble, they're a little more forgiving.
-Kirk

Offline BiggerDanno

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • HOW FAST IS FAST?
TOP SPEED
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2004, 05:11:36 PM »
Quote from: Kirk

An unrestricted (or de-restricted) Hayabusa should be capable of 196-197 mph (actual) into the rev-limiter in high gear on a stock-sized rear tire in good shape. And at sea level, it should have the power to do it. If it doesn't, you're not doing it right.

With the stock windscreen, they're pretty picky about body position. With a ZG Double-Bubble, they're a little more forgiving.

Sorry, a stock Busa will not pull to the limiter in 6th (unrestricted) :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Offline busarush

• Post Whore
TOP SPEED
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2004, 05:27:05 PM »
I'll 2nd that.  If you've done it Kirk we'll need details.  Ain't gonna happen stock with or without the aid of sea level.

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
TOP SPEED
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2004, 05:53:16 PM »
Kirk,

Sorry but I call bull.......

If you were 5', and weighed 95lbs, and were at sea level, and had a tailwind, and had a 2+ mile road...MAYBE.

SO are you telling me that you have gone 197 on a stock hayabusa???? I know your smart enough not to claim that.....

Dave
220.312 at Maxton...ALL MOTOR

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline TurboBlew

• Mad Post Whore
TOP SPEED
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2004, 06:16:12 PM »
haha....scottg took a bone stock Hayabusa minus the mirrors and went 193.xx at Maxton.

WIth absolute perfect conditions and some skill maybe someone could go 194 at sea level on a nice smooth road.   197..hahahahahahahhaha

What till Kirk tells you he's been riding only 3yrs....lol  :wink:
"go ahead...bring your mama!"

Offline BiggerDanno

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • HOW FAST IS FAST?
TOP SPEED
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2004, 07:31:10 PM »
Mine will do 194 at sea level, but...it's not at the limiter. The limiter would kick in around 198-200 if it had the power to pull it.

At our favorite top speed testing grounds the same bike will only pull 178 after 1-1/2 mile run up. 2700' elevation.

SuperDave

TOP SPEED
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2004, 08:30:01 PM »
Without a limiter, bike will run just as said above........at 14.7 (sea-level) about 193-4.  That is all.  

I still have the Issue of Cycle-World when the Busa was first tested,......193 and change.  

8)

THEMOTORHEAD

TOP SPEED
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2004, 08:31:55 PM »
Quote from: TurboBlew
haha....scottg took a bone stock Hayabusa minus the mirrors and went 193.xx at Maxton.

WIth absolute perfect conditions and some skill maybe someone could go 194 at sea level on a nice smooth road.   197..hahahahahahahhaha

What till Kirk tells you he's been riding only 3yrs....lol  :wink:
:roll:  :roll:

Offline The Big Red One

• Rider
TOP SPEED
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2004, 09:27:06 PM »
Quote from: BiggerDanno

Sorry, a stock Busa will not pull to the limiter in 6th (unrestricted) :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

These guys did it  :wink: http://www.qsl.net/n5mya/bike6-99.html

Offline busarush

• Post Whore
TOP SPEED
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2004, 02:50:57 PM »
Sorry, I ain't buyin' it without proof.

Offline Pete

• Post Master
  • a.k.a 'Geri'
    • Pete's turbo build
TOP SPEED
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2004, 03:41:12 PM »

With a standard exhaust, the busa will NOT go anywhere near 196mph. You'll need a well sorted, piped one for that, unless you're on a downward slope of course :) and it definately won't do it on stock gearing, you'll need 18/40 at least.

You're point about the zero-G is very true. I ran back-to-back runs with std screen and zero-G flip screen - 194mph dead both times but a lot calmer behind the zero-G :)

Offline BiggerDanno

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • HOW FAST IS FAST?
TOP SPEED
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2004, 04:13:44 PM »
Quote from: Geri

With a standard exhaust, the busa will NOT go anywhere near 196mph. You'll need a well sorted, piped one for that, unless you're on a downward slope of course :) and it definately won't do it on stock gearing, you'll need 18/40 at least.

Wrong.
Stock gearing is enough for 196, but the stock bike does not have enough power to pull all the gearing it has. Theoretical top speed with stock gearing is 201.

Due to the variations in horsepower among stock Busas, it is possible that there may be some out there that will do 196-197. BUT they will not be at the limiter.

Offline Pete

• Post Master
  • a.k.a 'Geri'
    • Pete's turbo build
TOP SPEED
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2004, 04:22:41 PM »
My own bike =193mph on the limiter, proven by the fact that it went 180mph dead through the traps on 17/43, fitted with an Avon ST though, which may be smaller than the BT56J, but I dunno if that is worth 3mph. Also the limiters must have some variations bike-to-bike, so I'll not argue with ya :D