MEMBERS > MEMBER PROJECTS

No Budget 'Busa

(1/3) > >>

dtechnologies:
Here's a picture to start you all off with where I'm at with my project bike.

Just FYI in case you're wondering. Those are 8" bolt on swing arm extensions and the bars are mounted on a 1-1/4" spacer plate which I one-offed myself with a band saw and a dremel. The subframe is gone because I'm building my own shorty solo tail out of a 2003 R1 Aluminum sub frame.

It's been lowered 1.5 inches front and rear but I want to go further by haveing McIntosh machine section the oil pan.

In case you haven't noticed...it's not going to look much like a 'busa when I'm done. I'm a big streetfighter fan.

I'm still in the teardown process so that I can get at the engine enough to do the mods I need, pre turbo.

I'll post some pics of the hardware I've scrounged as soon as I get my hands on it.

Dave.

THEMOTORHEAD:
TIME IS MONEY :wink:
ALSO DO NOT CUT THE STOCK OIL PAN!!!!!!!!!

SPEED KING:

--- Quote from: THEMOTORHEAD ---TIME IS MONEY :wink:
ALSO DO NOT CUT THE STOCK OIL PAN!!!!!!!!!
--- End quote ---

You can cut the stock pan, just make sure to run an extra (HP Robbing) quart of oil through it...

turbinecowboy:
neat little trick for holding up the front end with the tire off. Didnt think of that one....... :roll:

dtechnologies:
Thanks. I have a little lift but it's hard to get the headers off when they're supporting part of the bikes weight.

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version