Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: bike broke ( HELP)  (Read 3578 times)

Offline Fast-E-Nuf

• Rider
bike broke ( HELP)
« on: November 05, 2002, 09:27:00 PM »
Just got motor back on.Bike first wouldn't pump enough oil up to cut the oil light off.Had a air pocket in the system .Ever seen that before?If you do just over fill it then when the light goes out just drain out a little.Now the gauges want do nothing when you turn the key the gauges don't     turn or none of the light will come on.Help       Now that i think about it i believe I had this problem before  and it was do the the turn signal fuse.Sound right. check it out tomorrw.  any advice will still help
Romans 8:28  (God's Love)

Offline Freddies Here

• Rider
bike broke ( HELP)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2002, 11:01:00 PM »
FAST, on the oil problem. If you cleaned the inside [of the pump] very good, you need to reoil the inside of the pump. I've seen this. Without oil the pump wont seal, and won't pull oil from the sump........FREDDIE          

Offline SJJBusa

• Mad Post Whore
bike broke ( HELP)
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2002, 12:26:00 PM »
I made myself a little pump primer to spin the pump, for occasions like this. With the clutch not yet on, I place the bike on its sidestand and pour a couple of quarts of oil into the pan. Hook the primer up to a drill to spin the pump, and let it spin until the oil starts to flow out of the transmission input shaft. The primer is just a 3/8 inch rod with a brass sleeve and set screw on the end to grip the oil pump shaft. I have done this for most of the bikes I have had in the past that have gear driven pumps, it eases the worry about the pump not priming in time to prevent bearing damage.

Regards,

SJJBusa