TECHNICAL > F.A.Q

Has anyone warped their stock front Busa rotors?

(1/3) > >>

Dwight-PA:
Just wondering because a friend of mine who also has a 99 Busa warped his front rotors and another friend of mine who has a 2001 Aprilia just recently warped his.

What caused your particular warp? Did it just seem to suddenly be noticable one day or did it warp from a heavy or high speed slow down?

Did you replace with OEM or aftermarket rotors?

Sonic Boom:
Yep, mine are warped to hell now after about 34K miles, but it was a gradual thing working its way up from a slight vibration to suspension-compressing pulses.  Yeah, I waited too long.  I bought a pair of used rotors from a board member but haven't put them on yet.  I would've bought a new pair of EBCs or Brakings or something e;se, but money is kinda tight right now.

NorCalBusa:
Heat causes it.

When you brake, all that energy has to go somewhere and it's to the pads and rotor.  I think canyon carving/road racing (braking before turn entries) is more likely to do it than straight stuff (just coast down).  Very grabby pads (HH+) stop you great, but they also build heat faster with less lever pressure.

I've warped two rotors.

Busaman:
Yep, I warped mine.  But I guess things like that can be expected after going off Guard Rail Cliff at Deal's Gap.

And, yes I did just notice it instantaniously.    

Twisted:
my rear warped or came warped? ate pads at 400 miles?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version