Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Help trouble shooting.  (Read 1558 times)

#CAS#

Help trouble shooting.
« on: March 08, 2006, 05:01:21 PM »
G'day guys,
I need help trouble shooting an overheating problem with my Busa. I have just recently gone turbo with it.
At the moment I am only running 7# boost till I get the bugs ironed out, It has an air to air intercooler and 2 GSXR 1000 thermo fans, I have the stock rake in and have mounted the radiator back, to about 5mm (1/4) off the headers.

Once it starts to get up to temperature it doesn't like to idle, and it starts to surge while idleing.
And then if the thermo's come on it will not idle at all, you have to hold the revs at around 3000 to keep it running.
Once it is going it is fine and the power comes on well.

I have insulated the fuel pump and lines and filter, but it has had no effect, I have replaced the stock pump with a large Bosch pump, so it isnt a stock filter issue.

I have found that if I disconect the thermostat from the radiator it will idle fine, but it gets hot real quick.

I bought this kit second hand from a friend, and he had no problems at all with it, and apart from the stock rake and the 2 thermo fans, it is identical to how he had it set up.

Is there an easy way around this problem?

Dave