Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Lock Your Bike On The Road  (Read 2840 times)

Offline learjett

• Rider
Lock Your Bike On The Road
« on: April 23, 2006, 09:57:11 PM »
Other than Krypto chains and locks, what do you use for security at hotels/motels while on the road?  :?
Bob

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
Re: Lock Your Bike On The Road
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 10:01:13 PM »
first floor only and if possible bring it in  :wink:
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline Typhoon Mist

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 11:56:03 PM »
first floor only and if possible bring it in :wink:

+1

I also have installed a Scorpio Alarm, that will scream in the event I have to place it next to the window.  It's nice to have a little added insurance with a perimeter alarm, along with a tilt/shock alarm.   :wink:
"Never trouble trouble, until trouble troubles you!"

Offline HOLLYWOOD

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 10:04:35 AM »

Only way IMHO........... 8)

Offline ZEUS

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 11:37:59 AM »

+1 :) Been there and still do it :!: :yes:

Offline hayaman6981

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 02:29:01 PM »

+1 :) Been there and still do it :!: :yes:

yep

Seen It All
Done It All
Bought The
Hayabusa

Offline Busacraver

• Post Master
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 02:37:24 PM »
Glad to see I'm not the only person who's done that.  I tell people that all the time and they look at me cross eyed.  haha

Offline CADDYWOMPUS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 04:21:49 PM »
 I use a baby monitor taped to  rear shock .It makes aot of racket if you move bike or try to untape .  Poor mans alarm system.  Bike has to be reasonably close.
"you are both queerbait and im the queer"-pat dietrich

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 04:29:38 PM »

I've done that many times. The bike gets parked in the room.  :wink:

Offline CADDYWOMPUS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 04:49:24 PM »

KInda puts others at risk if theres a gas leak.  I dont do it .Its just inconsiderate of others .

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2006, 05:50:48 PM »

KInda puts others at risk if theres a gas leak.  I dont do it .Its just inconsiderate of others .

My bike doesn't leak. If it did, obviously I wouldn't park it in a room.  :roll:

I ask for old towels that the Motel no longer uses for the rooms, to clean my bike. Then I put them down on the floor, clean side down, and roll the bike in and park it on the towels.

There is never any sign that a bike was parked there. I have respect for others property, and I wouldn't do it, if it caused any damage.

Offline CADDYWOMPUS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 06:55:34 PM »

My bike doesn't leak. If it did, obviously I wouldn't park it in a room.  :roll:

I ask for old towels that the Motel no longer uses for the rooms, to clean my bike. Then I put them down on the floor, clean side down, and roll the bike in and park it on the towels.

There is never any sign that a bike was parked there. I have respect for others property, and I wouldn't do it, if it caused any damage.

Hey if you have owners blessing then go for it I guess but Id bet the fire marshall would have a kanipchun fit .  Just cause your bikes not leaking when you roll it in doesnt mean it never will.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 07:02:55 PM by zzr12pete »

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 07:06:36 PM »
Yah cause my garage has blow up so many times from all the Cars and bikes stored in there and some do leak  :bah:
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline 2slow2go

• Post Master
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2006, 08:04:23 PM »
I have an alarm and locks . I spent one night last year with my bike parked outside my motel window and a gun in my hand.
worst night of sleep since my last tax audit.
anymore i find a motel with bike access. Sleep in some real dumps usually ,but i sleep a lot better.

Offline WVBusa

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2006, 11:27:21 PM »
I also get a first floor room with a window (that opens!) view of the bike that if at all possible, second choice is a second floor with window view.  I use a scorpio alarm with perimeter sensor and remote paging and a 6 ft coiled Krypto style cable lock through the rear wheel spokes and up over and around the passenger grab rail.  I also leave the window cracked and keep the loaded 357 on the nightstand next to me.  Third choice is parked by the front lobby door, where it is always in plain sight, and a request to the night desk clerk to please keep an eye out (most are cooperative, especially when you tell them the bike has an alarm and all you really want is for them to notice if it goes off or someone other you is spending too much time with your baby).  Choice of motel also helps I think.  Don't rent next door to a bar, especially a red neck or hardley bar.  Pass on the $30 per night joint too; I figure if the guest can afford a better room, they probably have stuff and aren't thieves (at least not of motorcycles).  As for professionals, I also try to park where the bike is obscured from the casual passerby on the highway or access road (unless I'm using the third alternative).  So far, so good.  Knock on wood and hope I don't have to leave a DB in the parking lot in the middle of the night.